Pilau Rice Recipe
Pilau Rice Recipes
basmati rice or long grain rice
30 ml oil
leaf, crumbled if dry or snipped into thin strips if fresh
green cardamom pods
water or stock
roasted, unsalted cashews
- Wash rice until the water runs
- Leave to drain for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and cook onion until soft
but not colored.
- Add the rice, cassia bark, cloves
bay leaf and cardamom.
- Stir over moderate heat 2 minutes
or until the rice begins to look opaque.
- Add salt and pepper and pour on
the water or stock.
- Cover the pan tightly and cook
over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the cashews and raisins and
more liquid if the rice is dry.
- Cook, covered, a further 10
minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
Serves 4 - 6
Get your herbs and spices' ingredients here
More Herbs, Spices Starters Recipes
Herbs Spices Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |