Sausage Rolls Cooking Recipe
Sausage Rolls Cooking Recipes
half butter and lard, softened
pinch of salt
squeeze of lemon juice
- To make the pastry, mix the flour
- Divide the butter into quarters,
add one quarter to the flour and rub in.
- Add enough water and lemon juice
to make an elastic dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll
out the pastry to an oblong 3 times as long as it is wide.
- Dot another portion of butter over
the top two thirds of the pastry.
- Fold bottom of pastry up and top
- Turn the pastry so folded edges
are at the sides, seal the edges with a rolling pin.
- Wrap and seal for 15 minutes.
- Re-roll and repeat the process
twice more, wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C Gas Mark
6, to make the filling, mix the sausage meat and sage.
- On a floured surface, form the
filling into 2 rolls.
- Roll out the pastry to an oblong,
then cut in half lengthwise to make 2 strips.
- Place a sausage meat roll on each
strip of pastry.
- Dampen the pastry edges and form
it into a roll, cut each roll into 6 slices.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake for
- Serve with crusty bread and a side
For a more flavorsome filling, use
sausages with added herbs or spices instead of sausage meat. Skin the
sausages and then use in the same way as the sausage meat.
Get your herbs and spices' ingredients here
More Sausage Recipes
Herbs Spices Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |