Chili With Three Beans Recipe
Chili With Three Beans Recipes
90 ml oil
2 medium onions, chopped roughly
1 clove garlic, crushed
15 ml cumin
10 ml paprika
1 red or green chili pepper, seeded and
675 g minced or ground beef
790 g canned tomatoes
90 g tomato purée or paste
5 ml oregano
1 bay leaf
140 ml beer
salt and pepper
120 g canned red kidney, bean, chickpeas,
white kidney beans or pinto, drained
or tortilla chips, roughly broken
spring or green onions
- Heat oil in a large, heavy based
- Add onion and cook slowly until
- Add garlic, cumin, paprika and
chili pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the meat and cook until
lightly browned, breaking up large pieces with a fork.
- Add the tomatoes and their juice,
tomato puree or paste, oregano, bay leaf, beef, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover and
simmer for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Check the level of liquid several
times during cooking and add water if the chili seems to be drying
- During the last 15 minutes of
cooking add the drained beans.
- Chili can be prepared in advance
- Serve with a choice of garnishes.
Serves 4 - 6
Get your herbs and spices' ingredients here
More Soup Recipes
Herbs Spices Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |