Mussel and Herbed Tomato Soup Recipe
Mussel and Herbed Tomato Soup Recipes
mussels in their shells
large onion, chopped
garlic cloves, crushed
dry white wine
shredded fresh basil leaves
chopped fresh parsley
shredded celery leaves
salt and pepper
shredded basil leaves, to garnish
- Scrub the mussels and remove the
- Discard any damaged mussels and
any that are open and do not close when sharply tapped with the back
of a knife.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently
fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock,
150ml of the wine, the tomato puree, herbs, celery leaves and salt
- Cover and simmer gently for 15
- Place the mussels in a large pan
with the remaining wine and 75ml water.
- Cover and bring to the boil,
reduce the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan frequently
until the mussels open.
- Remove from the heat, drain the
mussels, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Discard any mussels that have not
- Add 150ml of the mussel cooking
liquid to the tomato mixture.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, if
- Spoon the soup into 4 warmed soup
- Lightly stir 1 tbsp cream into
each one to marble it.
- Add the mussels and sprinkle
shredded basil leaves over the top, serve hot.
Get your herbs and spices' ingredients here
More Soup Recipes
Herbs Spices Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |