Haricot Beans With Tomato Herb Sauce Recipe
Haricot Beans With Tomato Herb Sauce Recipes
450 g haricot beans
1 medium onion
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
450 g tomatoes
1 tbsp clear honey
salt and pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp fresh thyme
2 tsp chopped fresh marjoram
- Soak the beans in cold water
- Drain the beans well, cover in
fresh cold water and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes, cover and
simmer for 1 hour.
- Drain well.
- Chop the onion finely and crush
- Fry in the oil over low heat until
soft and golden.
- Skin the tomatoes and deseed them.
- Chop the flesh roughly and add to
the onions with the honey, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring
- Add the beans and simmer for 5
- Stir in the herbs just before
A perfect summer dish of beans which
can make a light meal, or accompany fish, meat or poultry. Canned
tomatoes may be substituted for fresh ones.
Serves 4 - 6
Get your herbs and spices' ingredients here
More Vegetable Recipes
Herbs Spices Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |