4 cup or 1150 ml beef stock
2 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 cup red cabbage, shredded
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
2 large beets or beetroot or 3 small ones,
peeled and grated
60 ml lemon juice
15 ml sugar, optional
1 bunch chives, snipped - garnished
- Combine stock, potatoes, onion,
cabbage, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a large, deep saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer
until the potatoes and cabbage are soft, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add beets or beetroot and cook a
further 15-20 minutes or until all the vegetables are very soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, remove the
bay leaf and purée in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add lemon juice to taste and a
pinch of sugar if desired.
- Before serving sprinkle the soup
generously with chives.
- May be accompanied by sour cream.
Serves 4 - 6
Get your herbs and spices' ingredients here
More Soup Recipes
Herbs Spices Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |