Carrot and Basil Soup Recipe
Carrot and Basil Soup Recipes
45 g butter
2 shallots, finely chopped
6 carrots, peeled and diced
2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
1150 ml or 4 cups chicken or vegetable
570 ml or 2 cups water
30 ml chopped basil
1 bay leaf
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper
140 ml cream
Fresh basil leaves
- Melt the butter or margarine in a
heavy based pan and cook the shallots over a gentle heat to soften.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and
cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, water, basil, bay
leaf, nutmeg, lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook 20-25 minutes.
- When the vegetables are tender
remove the bay leaf and allow the soup to cool slightly.
- Puree in a food processor or
blender and add the cream.
- Reheat gently and garnish with the
fresh basil leaves.
Serves 4 - 6
Get your herbs and spices' ingredients here
More Soup Recipes
Herbs Spices Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |