Carrot and Herb Soup Recipe
Carrot and Herb Soup Recipes
1 oz butter
1 large onion, finely sliced
1 lb carrots, sliced
1 small potato, sliced
1 garlic clove, chopped
1.75 pints chicken stock
1 bouquet garni
pinch of ground mace
1/4 pint cream
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 tbsp finely chopped chervil
salt and pepper
croutons, to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large
saucepan, add the vegetables and garlic and cook over a low heat
until soft but not brown.
- Add the stock, bouquet garni and
mace and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the
heat and simmer gently for 45-60 minutes until the vegetables are
- Remove and discard the bouquet
- Transfer the soup to a food
processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan, add the
cream and bring to the boil.
- Mix the herbs together and stir
3/4 of them into the soup.
- Serve immediately in individual
soup bowls garnished with the croutons and remaining herbs.
Get your herbs and spices' ingredients here
More Soup Recipes
Herbs Spices Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |