Meat Chicken and Vegetable Soup or Basic Meat/Chicken Stock Recipe
Meat Chicken and Vegetable Soup or Basic Meat/Chicken Stock Recipes
shanks or 500g chuck steak or a 1.5kg chicken
dried mixed herbs
1 bay leaf
peppercorns or coarsely ground black pepper
- Place the meat or chicken and
water in a large saucepan.
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Wash and roughly chop the rest of
- Add the vegetables, herbs, and
pepper to the saucepan.
- Bring slowly to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for
- Strain the soup through sieve.
- Basic meat/chicken stock : at this
stage you have a basic meat/chicken stock.
- Chill in the refrigerator
overnight and then skim off any congealed fat.
- Makes a good hot beverage, served
- To make a hearties soup, discard
bones and trim any fat/skin off the meat/chicken.
- Cut the meat into small pieces and
return it, along with the vegetables, to the stock.
- Chill soup overnight in the
- Skim off any congealed fat.
- Serve hot with meat/chicken and
vegetables in each serving.
Makes 1.4 liters
Get your herbs and spices' ingredients here
More Herbs Spices Soup Recipes
Herbs Spices Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |