Pear and Watercress Soup With Stilton Croûtons Recipe
Pear and Watercress Soup With Stilton Croûtons Recipes
3 3/4 cups
chicken stock, preferably home made
juice of 1
cubed stale bread
chopped Stilton cheese
- Keep back about a third of the watercress leaves.
- Place all the rest of the watercress leaves and
stalks in a pan with the pears, stock and a little seasoning.
- Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Reserving some watercress leaves for garnishing,
add the rest of the leaves and immediately blend in a food processor
- Put the mixture into a bowl and stir in the cream
and the lime juice to mix the flavors thoroughly.
- Season again to taste.
- Pour all the soup back into a pan and reheat,
stirring gently until warmed through.
- To make the croûtons, melt the butter and oil and
fry the bread cubes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Put the cheese on top and heat under a hot grill
- Reheat the soup and pour into bowls.
- Divide the croûtons and remaining watercress
between the bowls.
Pear and Stilton taste very good when you eat them
together after the main course here, for a change, they are served as a
Serves 4 - 6
Get your herbs and spices' ingredients here
More Soup Recipes
Herbs Spices Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |